Research at MUSSL covers a wide range of topics dealing with the fields of fluid mechanics, heat transfer and combustion. The links below will explain further some of the specific research areas being investigated, theories that have been hypothesized and endeavors that have been carried out towards the basic science and on behalf of our industry partners. Our research is supported by the following industries:
- Auto Industry: Combustion engines and Fuel Cells.
- Aerospace Industry: Gas turbines and Rockets.
- Pulp and Paper Industry: Kraft recovery boilers and paper coating.
- Printing Industry: Ink jet printers.
- Coating Industry: Powder production and thermal spray coating.
- Bioengineering: Aerosol and inhaler design and testing, biological cell rheology and dynamics.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics: Algorithm development for free surface and multiphase flows.
Click on image to view topic.